Frequently Asked Questions


Where can I pay my fine?

City of Osage parking fines should be paid at the Osage City Hall or Osage Police Department.  All other traffic fines should be paid at the Mitchell County Clerk of Court. 

Can I burn leaves/lawn debris?

There is no burning of yard waste within the City of Osage. Recreational fires within a fire ring or pit are permitted.

What are the pet laws in Osage?

A few common animal ordinances are below:
*Number of animals are limited to 3 to a household - of which no more than 2 can be dogs. 55.23(1)
*You must have your animal within an enclosure or upon a leash when such animal is left unattended outside or is not at heel.  If your animal is caught at large you will be responsible for any pound fees and/or fines. 55.08
*It is unlawful to let your animal to cause a noise disturbance (ex. barking) or to run after person, bicycles, or vehicles.  If your dog has a continuous problem of barking you will be cited to court. 55.21 

Do I need a fence around my pool?

A swimming pool is any pool or open tank not located in an enclosed building and is filled greater than 1 1/2 feet.  It does need to be fenced to prevent uncontrolled access by children from the street or adjoining properties.  Such fence shall not be less than five (5) feet in height.  Osage Zoning Ordinance 18-4  

Are UTV's allowed on Osage roadways?

UTV's are allowed on Osage streets except they can ONLY make a direct cross on South 7th Street and they are not allowed on or to cross Highway 9 and Highway 218.
*UTV's can only be operated between 5 am to 10 pm and must have proper lighting from sunset to 10 pm.
*They are not permitted in any city park or playground without permission from the park board.
*UTV's must have insurance.
*ATV's are NOT allowed!!
*Violations of this ordinance shall be punishable by a fine of $100, or imprisonment in the county jail for 30 days or both such fine and imprisonment.

How long can my car be parked on the street?

Any vehicle, camper or trailer that is left parked upon a street for a continuous period of seventy-two (72) hours or more may be ticketed and/or impounded.  On certain streets, and as posted, all night parking is prohibited.  Osage Ordinance 69.13(4) 

What is the Snow Ordinance in Osage?

Whenever snowfall on residential streets or public parking lots has accumulated to a level of one (1) inch or more by seven thirty (7:30)am on any day, it is unlawful for any person to park, abandon or leave unoccupied or unattended any vehicle on the street or parking lot until such street has been completely plowed from curb to curb and such public parking lots completely cleared. Osage Ordinance 69.15 

How can I obtain a police report?

You can obtain a copy of a police report by phone, mail, email or front desk of the Police Department. There may be a photocopy fee for each report.